Reno2100: Our Demolicious Mid-Century Ranch

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Ranch Sweet Ranch


No matter how many programs you watch on HGTV, we have learned that nothing prepares you for home renovation. Except maybe a quadruple wisdom tooth extraction.

Nearly two weeks into home ownership and I've made more calls to plumbers, exectricians, terrazzo floor guys, and drywallers than George Bush has made to his daddy.

The joy.

Still, we're thankful. Very thankful. Amazingly thankful. And while it may sound as if it's a painful process, it really isn't. At least, not yet. Maybe in another month. When we realize how much money we've spent.

That said, a note to the folks at greenstreetdetails.com: "$120 for a friggin' 10-inch drawer pull? You gotta be jokin' me!"

Thank you and stay tuned.

You may laugh. You may cry. You may feel sorry for us and make a donation to our renovation fund. It's not tax-deductible, but then neither are all those mochachinos from Starbucks.

Jacqui and Craig

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • You are a riot. I'm not into blogs normally but you may make me a convert. My husband and I found ourselves demoing our aqua tiled 1955 bathroom downstairs on a whim last night. Slamming into tiled and paneled walls, and a popcorn ceiling really made us a bit giddy. Who needs to go out on Saturday night?
    While ruminating about how to design the new one, I remembered your pics of your new midcentury inspired bath.
    Granted we won't presell our first born for a Starck toilet, we can still admire it and let it inspire us. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 AM  

  • Jen... Your kind words are very much appreciated! I have oodles of resources so if you need anything, let me know! Oh... and I once lived in Kalamazzo, by the way. I so miss Bell's Beer! Maybe we can work out a trade? I help spare you some reno-pain and we get a six pack? Think about it... :)

    By Blogger Jacqui and Craig, at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home