Reno2100: Our Demolicious Mid-Century Ranch

Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Call


The call from Rafael, my drywall subcontractor, went something like this:

"Hello?"
"Jacqui, it's Rafael."
"Oh, hi, Rafael. What's up?"
"Can you come to the house a minute?"
"Now? Can it wait? Is it important?"
(Pause)
"Yes... it's important. You need to see something."

The visit that followed is how I learned that while demoing the master bath, significant damage was uncovered that seriously affected, or more specifically "infected", the adjoining guest bath. Basically, 50-years-worth of showers and bubble baths (big in the 50s/60s) had taken its tole on the wood frame, the plaster, and drywall.

So... yeah. I guess we're doing a new guest bathroom, too. As I type, both baths are being ripped down to the studs.

*sigh*

P.S. If you know of anyone in need of a kidney, or other organ, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home